Sunday, October 25, 2009
Here's another Christmas card. This time, I used the Magnolia Alf stamp. I used Nestabilities, Studio G stamps, an EK success border punch, ribbon and buttons from my stash, and brads.
Here are the challenges:
1. Just Magnolia - sketch
2. Winter Wonderland - open theme
3. Our Creative Corner - holiday book or movie (Elf with Will Farrell)
4. One Stop - celebration
5. Easy Breezy - xmas theme - red, white, and green colors
6. Crazy for Challenges - 3 shapes (square, rectangle, oval)
7. Daring Cardmakers - my favorite things (xmas, Magnolia stamps, ribbon, buttons, nestabilities, border punches, ribbon, brads, pop dots, Studio G stamps)
8. Whimsey Stamps - embossing (Nestabilities - the tag with the sentiment)
9. Stamp TV - let it snow
10. Hand full of stamps - lots of layers
11. Treehouse Stamps - embossing (Nestabilities - the tag with the sentiment)
Saturday, October 24, 2009
The challenge this week at Magnolia-licious Highlites is to make a Tilda card that is "clean and simple."
These are the rules:
-less than 3 layers-uncluttered and lots of white space (so there is only one focal point)
-simple embellishments and simple in design
-can be mass produced easily
Magnolia-licious Highlites is also hosting a blog hop right now for these clean and simple cards.
I used Magnolia Tilda w/ Xmas Stockings, sharpies to color her, Martha Stewart Loops punches, ribbon from my stash, and my score pal to score lines above and below the ribbon (they are a little hard to see in the photo).
Winter Wonderland's challenge is Christmas Stockings. Since I used Tilda w/ xmas stockings (and stamped a stocking inside the card) I figured that it would apply.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I made this card for my dad's birthday, November 10th. I have been so far behind on my crafting that I am trying to get way ahead. I have a TON of xmas cards & crafts to start!
I used Magnolia Edwin with Lizard (received stamped image from a friend), DCWV fall stack, studio G sentiment stamps, nestabilities, buttons & ribbon from my stash.
The sketch came from Tuesday Morning Sketches, though I did rotate it. There She Goes stamps is sponsoring TMS this week, so by using this one sketch, you cam participate in TWO chances to win!
Monday, October 19, 2009
My husband's birthday was yesterday, and this was the card I made for him. He is a huge Phillies fan, plus he loved the Phillies thank you card that I made last week. (And I gave him a Phillies jersey for his birthday - #26 Chase Utley for my husband's 26th birthday. Seems appropriate, right?)
I used nestabilities, Stampin' Up ticket punch, ribbon from my stash, and paper by Madame Elisabeth.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
This is a 1st birthday card for my cousin's baby, Elzie. I used the DCWV Nana's baby girl stack, Magnolia Cuddly Horse stamp, Studio G stamps, Nesties circles, buttons, and bling.
Can you tell that it is a "1" behind the horse?
Here are the challenges:
1. Create4Fun - sketch
2. PaperPlay Challenges - favorite embellishment
3. Hand full of Stamps - rainbow bling
4. Creative Inspirations - family
5. Everybody-Art Challenge - punches (I used nesties)
6. Cupcake Craft Challenge - buttons & stitching (I "fake" stitched the #1 to make it stand out)
7. C.R.A.F.T. - recipe: 1 ribbon, 2 buttons, 3 papers
8. My time to Craft - cute & quick
9. Ildi Co's Creative Challenges - in stitches
10. If the show fits - bling
11. Stamp Something - bling
Eileen has been a wonderful blog buddy, and I wanted to wish her a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Her birthday was Friday the 16th, so I made this card for her. I didn't want to post pictures until she received the card (nobody likes to ruin a surprise!)
The sketch came from Tuesday Morning Sketches. The challenge on Just Magnolia was to use "bright and zingy colors." I used the DCWV spring stack and nesties. The stamps are Magnolia Tilda w/ balloons, Magnolia Tilda w/cake - they were from a swap on the Cricut messageboard.
Monday, October 12, 2009
It's been a while since I made a card. October is full of birthdays, anniversaries, and other fun times. So I will be crafting a lot. As a matter of fact, today is my 2nd Anniversary!
Last weekend, my husband, my brother in law, and my mother in law went to the Phillies game. My MIL is a housekeeper for part owners of the Phillies and they gave us the tickets. We were in the 5th row right behind the dugout - AWESOME seats! So this is a thank you card for them.
I used Phillies logos downloaded and printed out, Nesties circles, Studio G stamp, Michael's $1 ribbon, and baseball paper by Madame Elizabeth ($1 for an 8 pack of different coordinating sheets).
Here's the challenges:
1. Pile it On - Aly's Sketch & multiple challenges
2. Aly's Sunday Challenge - sketch
3. Crazy for Challenges - thankful
4. Caardvarks - ribbon