Monday, August 6, 2018

August Stick it Down

Here's this month's sketch (designed by yours truly!) at Stick it Down:



I designed this sketch with these photos in mind.  When I was in Ireland, it rained several days while we were there.  (A hurricane hit too, but that's another story, LOL).  I told my husband I wanted him to take some photos of me with my umbrella because I had a Jolees sticker set I wanted to use.  

When I got home from my trip, these were the first photos I couldn't wait to scrap.  I pulled out my Jolees raincoat, umbrella and galoshes.   They were red and plaid, so it matched my floral sweater perfectly.  I started going through my papers and remembered that I had the Graphic 45 Raining Cats & Dogs collection.  I couldn't have been more thrilled when I realized that my floral sweater was the EXACT colors of the collection.  I couldn't have planned it better if I tried! This layout is one of my favorites in a while.  


 

















Supplies:
Graphic 45 Raining Cats & Dogs Collection
October Afternoon Daily Flash Chipboard Clouds
Jolees Stickers (Umbrella, raincoat, rain boots etc)
Black/silver letter stickers by DCWV
Umbrella Cut File by Paige Evans
Amy Tan Stitch Template (to create Stitched Umbrella)
Heidi Swapp Roller Date Stamp
Black Stampin Up Ink
Ireland Sticker by Paperhouse Productions


I am entering this layout into these challenges:
The Happy Craft Challenge (anything goes)
Bimini Moose (anything goes)

5 comments:

Katy said...

This is such a super cute layout! I love the big umbrella! I am also loving and impressed by the stitched umbrella. I love the stickers too. :)

Tina Campbell said...

This is such an awesome layout Lauren :) and so perfect with all the embellishments too. You did great on the sketch too

Megan Flynn - Papercraft Artist said...

Wow I love the Umbrella's such a great design, and the photos fit perfect, can see why you could not wait, thanks so much for joining us at the Happy Craft Challenge Xo Megan

Janis Lewis said...

Loving your layouts! Thanks for linking up at Bimini Moose Scrapbook Chs. Hope you'll link up again!

Linda Norman said...

I absolutely love what you did with the sketch! It is so different but you can still see the sketch! Love the stitched umbrella and all the work that went into this page!