Thursday, January 7, 2010
A Wedding Card
It's been almost a week since my last post - I've been scrapbooking like crazy, but this is my first card of the new year. My cousin is getting married in two weeks, so I made this for his wedding. Their colors are tan and green, so I chose those colors for the card.
I want to thank my friend Kathy from Germany for sending these wonderful Tilda and Edwin wedding stamped images. They aren't even available yet, so I am so lucky to have them. Thanks Kathy!
I had a lot of fun making this card. I wanted to use Claudia Rosa's tutorial on how to make a frame card, since it is the challenge on the Magnolia-licious Highlights Blog.
Patterned Paper: K & Co
Solid Cardstock: The Paper Co
Stamps: Magnolia Wedding Tilda, Wedding Edwin, Wedding Cake, Roses, Studio G Sentiment
Misc: Martha Stewart Lace Heart Border Punch, Score pal & X-acto knife, Bic Mark it Markers, Martha Stewart Large Heart Punch, Adhesive Pearls, Skittles, Creative Memories Scallop Corner Punch
1. Magnolia-licious Highlights - frame card & tutorial
2. Pile it On - clear
3. Cute Card Thursday - All New
4. The Secret Crafter - new beginnings
5. A Spoon Full of Sugar - hearts
6. Papertake Weekly - new beginnings
7. Cards for men - new (this is a wedding card for my male cousin, so I tried not to make it too girly)