Monday, February 7, 2011

Two Sympathy Cards

I don't know about you, but I find sympathy cards to be the most difficult to make.  The reasons for them are difficult, plus it's hard to know what to say.

Unfortunately I had to make two this week.  My BFF's Dad passed on 2/2/11.  The funeral was yesterday.  I made one card for my BFF, her husband, and my goddaughter Colbin.  The other card was for my BFF's mom. 



I was watching HSN a few weeks ago and saw a beautiful Anna Griffin card kit.  I knew immediately that I had to buy it.  It came with cards, envelopes, paper, embellishments, sentiments, and ribbons to make 30 cards.  I used it to make both cards.  There was only one "With Deepest Sympathy" medallion, so I used an Inkadinkado sympathy stamp for the second one.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Lauren, these are stunning and absolutely perfect. Sympathy cards are hard to make, but you did a wonderful job with these.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Beautiful cards Lauren.

Sue Althouse said...

These are beautiful cards and so thoughtful. So sorry to hear of you BFF's loss.

Teresa Jaye said...

These are beautiful cards. Your friend and her mom will be blessed by them.