Sunday, April 1, 2018

April Stick it Down

HAPPY EASTER!  Here's our awesome sketch for this month at Stick it Down


I really loved this month's sketch.  I have been really digging triangles recently.

I had some photos of my work BFF and I.  We work remotely and she lives in Minnesota.  She came to visit me last summer and we spent the weekend at my parent's beach house in Longport, NJ.  I took Kristin to see "Lucy the Margate Elephant."  It's a landmark that was once a hotel (for more info visit http://www.lucytheelephant.org/).  

I got the awesome vintage postcard that you see on the left side of the layout.  I chose to stick to the colors from the postcard.  My photos had such bright colors in them, and they clashed, so I decided to turn them black and white. I am so glad I did, because it gives the pages a vintage feel.  I am thrilled with how it turned out.




Supplies:
Jolees Elephant Stickers
Paper by Echo Park Times & Seasons Collection
Stickers from Echo Park Times & Seasons
Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Black, red, mint)
Elephant Chipboard by Recollections


1 comment:

Dorlene Durham said...

Very nice layout! I love all the elephant embellishments and the vintage look of the page. Great move changing your photos to black and white!