Monday, June 7, 2021

June Challenge YOUrself

  This month at Challenge YOUrself, we are creating layouts with lots of washi tape!  




I have TONS of washi tape.  I came across a package of 4th of July washi and I challenged myself to use it for a non-4th of July page.  I found a photo of me from election day 2020 and it was perfect.  

Funny story.  I went and voted in the morning, since I work from home.  I got myself a normal "I voted" sticker.  I saw my parents that afternoon and they had special Philly stickers with Independence Hall and William Penn on them.  I REALLY wanted one for my scrapbook.  

When my husband came home from work, he was heading to the polls.  I asked him to pick up a Philly voting sticker for my scrapbook.  He came home a little while later with the sticker that's on my layout.  I said to him "You got the Spanish version."  He said, "No, it says Yo - vote!"  I shook my head and said, "In Spanish yo vote' translates to I voted."  











Supplies:

White cardstock by Coordinations

Patterned Paper by Simple Stories

Washi by Pebbles

Stars by Jolees

Date & Vote words came from a postcard I received in the mail

Yo Vote sticker from election day in Philadelphia

No comments: