Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fireplace Xmas Card


INSIDE: (I used the reverse cut of the Xmas tree instead of throwing it out. I think this works well for the insides of cards, as long as the shape is big enough to write your message inside the card). The stamp is by Studio G and it says "Warm Winter Wishes." I thought it was so appropriate for this card.

I am very happy with how this card turned out. I have been wanting to make the fireplace from my new Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge. I also used the cart to make the tree and candle. I used stickles to create the garland across the fireplace. The paper is by Me & My Big Ideas. I love how the striped paper looks like wallpaper. The ribbon is American Crafts.

Here are the challenges:
1. Winter Wonderland - Home for the Holidays
2. Simon Says Stamp - Xmas in August
3. Tuesday Morning Sketches - sketch
4. 365 Cards - Triangle, buttons, sticker (I used Jolees poinsettia dimensional stickers)

~Lauren

10 comments:

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is very cute and crafty! I like the crackling fireplace, and the ribbon is fab!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

eiyiyi said...

What a terrific card! I love everything about it. Especially the fireplace! Nice job on the inside and great use of the off cut. hugs, eileen

Cathy said...

Fab card - love the papers.
Cathy xx

Teri said...

Love the fireplace card. Thanks for playing at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

~amy~ said...

wowza...seriously lovin' both of your cards!!

Teri said...

Gorgeous Lauren! I love you homey little scene! Fab inside too!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

Teri xx

Rose said...

This is so cute! Love the fireplace! Thanks for joining us at TMS!

Melissa Craig said...

Really cute card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Jo Nevill said...

What a fantastic card, such fun !

Thank you so much for joining us in the Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the SSC DT x

Unknown said...

the idea is so cool!
thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp challenge :)