Monday, June 28, 2010

Crazy Weekend...

What a weekend!  It all started on Thursday.  Around 3:30 pm, we got hit with a MAJOR thunderstorm.  Hail was coming down in buckets.  The wind was blowing so hard that it ripped my plants to shreds. 

I took some pictures during the storm.  They aren't the clearest pictures, but it was raining so hard!

I took this picture out my front window during the storm.  The winds blew my metal porch furniture all over - the chairs were all soaked and upside down.

Hail collecting on my doormat:

Hail piling up in my flower beds:

The aftermath... this is one of my flower beds FULL of hail.  It looked like it snowed! The ice was the size of golf balls. 

Within about 30 seconds of the storm starting, my power went out.  Luckily it was daytime.  After the storm, my neighbors and I listened to the radio.  The winds were 75-80 miles per hour, and a tornado had touched down about 1-2 miles from my house!  Who knew tornadoes hit near Philadelphia? 

Anyway, my car and my husband's car have TONS of dents from hail, my screen windows have holes in them, and my garden has been torn to shreds.  But I was lucky. 

Most of my neighbors have broken windows and the ones with vinyl siding have hundreds of holes from the hail - it looks like someone shot their houses with a machine gun! 

Our power was out until noon on Friday, so it was about 21 hours total.  I was going through blog withdrawal!  It was too hot in my house without AC, so I couldn't even scrapbook!  I read a book on my front porch for the majority of the time. 

Friday night we went down the shore.  On Saturday, we hit a pothole and my front tire immediately went flat.  We had to drive home on a donut, and now I need to special order one of the low profile tires that my car takes.  Grrr....

And finally last night, I was doing laundry from the shore.  My stationary tub overflowed!  So I cleaned it all up, plunged the drain, and put towels on the floor to soak up the mess.  The sink seemed to be going down, so I did another load.  It overflowed AGAIN!  So it looks like I will be calling a plumber today as well.

I hope that you all had better weekends than I did...

No comments: