Sunday, November 11, 2018

LM 421 - Techniques - Watercolors

This month at Lasting Memories, our theme is Techniques.  This week, our challenge is to use watercolors, paint and/or misting on your layouts. 

When I heard this challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I bought the Live Beautifully paper pack from Close to My Heart a couple years ago specifically because I wanted to watercolor this paper.  It is white with gold foil flowers.  

I pulled out my CTMH watercolors and colored all of the flowers and leaves.  I didn't even have a photo in mind, LOL. 
While I colored in all of the flowers, I happened to think of the quote "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you."  I remembered that I had a photo of my two BFFs and I from September.  I don't see my BFFs as often as I'd like.  We grew up in Philly and I still live their.  One of my BFFs lives in California and the other lives in New Jersey. 

I decided to print the photo in black and white so that it would stand out against the background.  I only used black, white and gold elements on the page. 




Supplies:
CTMH  Live Beautifully Floral Paper
CTMH Cardstock (Black and White)
Pink Paislee Auburn Lane (Houndstooth Paper and flower embellishments)
DIY Shop Glitter Heart
CTMH Sequins in Black and Gold
Heidi Swapp Gold Glitter Bow

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Really gorgeous work with all the watercolors and flowers, Lauren!! Wonderful REVEAL for Lasting Memories! :)

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful layout Lauren :) Oh my I think I need to get my water colors out and play I have a few paper pads that have similar pattern papers and never considered doing that with them but I can see from here that it is a neat detail to add :)