Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Honest Scrap Blog Award


I would like to thank a wonderful friend Ramona a.k.a. PinkLady50 for this wonderful award. She is a wonderful and inspirational blog buddy. If you haven't been to her blog, you NEED to check it out. She makes BEAUTIFUL cards!

There are a few requirements to accepting the Honest Scrap Award and they are as follows. A) I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link. B) I must list 10 honest things about myself. C) I must put a copy of the The Honest Scrap logo on my blog. D) I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers and list their links.

*****Now, 10 honest things about myself...

1. My husband and I were baptized on the same day at the same church in Philadelphia. We realized this freaky fact when we got our baptismal records for getting married (we got married in the same church we were baptized in)... We went to elementary school together too!

2. My guilty pleasure is celebrity gossip. I watch E! True Hollywood stories & celebrity news shows, and I read gossip mags.

3. I love to read. I have since I was a kid - I read Jurasic Park in 3rd grade. I generally pick titles from the New York Times bestseller list. My current favorite author is Jodi Picoult.

4. I was Salutitorian (2nd) in my high school graduating class.

5. My sorority got me started with scrapbooking when I pledged in 2002. They create a scrapbook of each semester's events and pledge period.

6. In the past 6 years since I started dating my husband, we have traveled to Europe three times, visiting Rome, Paris, Amsterdam, and several cities in Germany and Switzerland. We have also been to the Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, and Hawaii.

7. I dislike air conditioning. I'm ALWAYS cold, so I am perfectly fine with the windows open and a fan - even in 90+ degree weather. My husband, on the other hand is always hot.... It makes for an interesting summer, lol.

8. As a teenager, I was a model for a short time. I worked with the top agency in Philadelphia. I did ads for Boscov's, BonTon, Delaware Today Magazine, and some local hair salons, etc. I also did runway shows for Seventeen, YM, and Good Morning Philadelphia.

9. I hate public speaking. I get incredibly nervous. However, as part of my job (I'm a Yearbook Sales Associate) I teach classes about yearbook, design, journalism, photoshop, etc. at about 120 different schools. Maybe I will get over the fear one day...

10. My name is Lauren and I'm a shopoholic.... LOL. I buy WAY too much scrapbooking stuff. Looking at everyone's blogs and the Cricut Messageboard is bad for my wallet...


Now for 7 people to pass this along to...
These are all blogs that I visit regularly for inspiration:
1. Shari
2. Tammy
3. Lainy
4. LuvinMyLabs
5. KarelJ
6. Leah
7. Kris

3 comments:

Pinklady50 said...

Lauren, those are some pretty interesting facts about you! You know how to live, girl! My daughter is also addicted to those celebraty gossip mags--buys every single one. Gosh, you read and you travel and your smart,and cute to boot. Thanks for playing along!

Leah said...

Hi Lauren! I so enjoyed reading your interesting facts:) Thank you so much for the award and coming to visit me! Means so much to me, I've signed up to follow you!

Unknown said...

Lauren--

This is Gracie from Imagine That. I'm not sure I got an email from you about the blog candy you won?? Contact me at saigegrace@live.com as soon as possible.

LOVE YOUR BLOG, LOVE YOUR CREATIONS!!--I'm doing an open call for the Lime Light DT soon & I hope you'll apply