Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lasting Memories 53

Hopefully this will post, as I am in Hurricane Irene's path and I expect to be without power for at least a day or two.

My DT term is up and this is my last challenge at Lasting Memories.  I am really sad to go, but hopefully I will play along as much as possible in the coming months.  I've had so much fun the past 8 months!  A special thanks to Karen, our amazing DT leader!

This week at Lasting Memories, our challenge is "who/what inspires you."  This was easy for me.  My husband is such an inspiration to me because of his military service.   He's spent several years overseas in Germany and Afghanistan.  He is not longer on active duty, but he is still a member of the National Guard.  Yesterday, he was deployed to assist in PA's hurricane relief. 


This layout is of my husband's return from Germany at the end of his 4 years of active duty.  I was so happy to have him home.  We moved in together and were married a few months later.  All of these photos were taken at the airport.  I wore a shirt, given to me by a friend, that said "I {heart} my soldier."






Details:

Paper by Basic Gray
Circle Nestabilities
K&Co/Life's Little Occasions Embellishments

Photobucket

6 comments:

Suzy said...

What a special layout! I'm in hurricane Irene's path too... PA in fact. Thank you for your husband's service :) Stay safe!
-Suzy

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren, that is a wonderful layout. I sure hope you are going to be ok! It all sounds very scary to me, living in an area where there are never any hurricanes (thank heaven for small favours LOL). Hugs, Frea

tiffany said...

well what a perfect LO to capture what inspires you, and how wonderful that you have your husband back home with you! It's been fun "working" on the DT with you! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Karen Wilson said...

This is definitely an inspirational layout. It's perfect, Lauren! I bet you were happy to have him home.

Thank you so much for all your support, encouragement and inspiration over the last 8 mths. I'll miss you and hope you play along when you can!!

NanaConnie said...

Bless him for all his service. My grandson is a career Marine, currently stationed in VA but with 2 tours of Iraq under his belt. I help support the troops by doing cards for Operation Write Home. It's a small bit but so appreciated. :-) Hug your soldier once for me.

Denise Pustelniak said...

GREAT inspiration! Love seeing all your creations. It's been an honor to be on the same DT.