Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lasting Memories Blog Hop!

Welcome to our Lasting Memories blog hop! Hop along with us and when you're done, we hope you can play along!  If you get lost, you can always head back to Lasting Memories to find your way. Have fun!

The next stop on the hop is Ashleigh.    

This is my first layout as a DT member for Lasting Memories and I am so excited to share it with you.

We were asked to make a layout that shows our scrapbook "style."  I usually stick to a clean and simple style with a few embellishments.  I love to use sketches for inspiration.  My favorite color is purple (and it was my bridesmaid dress color) so I used it throughout my wedding album.  I tend to use a lot of pearls and rhinestones.  I try to use several different patterned papers.  I love punches, especially Martha Stewart's punch around the page sets.  I almost always use my Cricut for creating titles. I love glitter and bling!  I also love inking - I make faux stitches often (like around the circle on this layout), and I usually draw a line around my text to make it pop out.

I used a sketch from SOUS and modified it to be a 12x12 layout:



A Few Tips:
1. If you're like me and don't have the patience for getting the dot for the "i" off your cricut mat, use an adhesive pearl to dot your "i."

2. If an embellishment doesn't match your color scheme, color it to make it work!  For this layout, I took a white "first dance" sticker that had clear glitter around it.  I used my Tim Holtz distress ink to make it off-white, and then I went around it with purple stickles.


Details:
Provo Craft Music Paper, Other paper from scrap pile (source unknown).  White Blossom sparkly music note stickers.  K&Co "First Dance" sticker and lace frame.  Recollections bling flourish.  MS Lace Hearts Border Punch and Lattice Punch Around the Page.  Jolees felt flower stickers.  CM Corner Rounder.  Cricut/Gypsy Wall Decor & More, Gypsy Font, and Opposites Attract Cartridges.  Black Sharpie for inking.

    


Challenges:
1. Lasting Memories Layout Challenge (DT)  - your style
2. SOUS - sketch
3. The Secret Crafter - lots of texture
4. Crafty Ho's - monochromatic

Thanks for stopping by! 

Don't forget, the next stop on the hop is Ashleigh.   

Photobucket

20 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Lauren! What a beautiful bride. I love this layout and really love how you added some tips. I'm there with ya on the dotted I!

Sue said...

Lauren what a great post. I love the tips. Thank you. Such a special page and I love the sketch. Great job.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lauren

Beautiful layout, such gorgeous pictures and love the colours.

Hugs Ali x

Nancy said...

Wow Lauren you both look exquisite. Love the flowers - are they embrodered? The music notes go great with the 1st dance. Very beautiful!!

Zoe said...

Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Make it Colourful on our very first challenge. It is a gorgeous layout and you have followed the sketch beautifully. Unfortunately however I can not accept your entry into the challenge as we are a 'colouring' challenge blog. I do hope you will consider joining us again however when you make one of your coloured projects. Hugs Zoe xxoo

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful page

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love your choice of colors! They show off your pics wonderfully. Cherished memory!

Nanne said...

Hi Lauren..
Great take on the sketch and I love the colors you used..
thanks so much for joining us over at SOUS..
Hugs
Nanné

Stine Ursin said...

Such a great page!! I so love how you framed your journaling. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Loveeeee the little lace frame!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a great page .. love the purple. Thanks for playing along with us this time at Stuck on U Sketches!

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren,
What a lovely layout hun, I love purple so this is right up my street!
Hugs
Dawn x

Heather said...

Love your colors and the beautiful picture!

Savahanna said...

OOh I love it. The colors and everything about it. Great job

Curly said...

Wow stunning page I love the colour,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous LO!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, love the new blog look (or new to me, LOL!) Great project...love the sweet little details and of course...the beautiful photo!!!!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout!! I love the color choice and the punched borders and lace make it look so elegant!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

annette said...

Fantastic take on the sketch Lauren
love your mono look ... luvX:)

Debbie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the purple and ackground paper! Thanks for joining us at Stuck On U Sketches!