Welcome to our Lasting Memories blog hop! Hop along with us and when you're done, we hope you can play along! If you get lost, you can always head back to Lasting Memories to find your way. Have fun!
The next stop on the hop is Ashleigh.
This is my first layout as a DT member for Lasting Memories and I am so excited to share it with you.
We were asked to make a layout that shows our scrapbook "style." I usually stick to a clean and simple style with a few embellishments. I love to use sketches for inspiration. My favorite color is purple (and it was my bridesmaid dress color) so I used it throughout my wedding album. I tend to use a lot of pearls and rhinestones. I try to use several different patterned papers. I love punches, especially Martha Stewart's punch around the page sets. I almost always use my Cricut for creating titles. I love glitter and bling! I also love inking - I make faux stitches often (like around the circle on this layout), and I usually draw a line around my text to make it pop out.
I used a sketch from SOUS and modified it to be a 12x12 layout:
A Few Tips:
1. If you're like me and don't have the patience for getting the dot for the "i" off your cricut mat, use an adhesive pearl to dot your "i."
2. If an embellishment doesn't match your color scheme, color it to make it work! For this layout, I took a white "first dance" sticker that had clear glitter around it. I used my Tim Holtz distress ink to make it off-white, and then I went around it with purple stickles.
Provo Craft Music Paper, Other paper from scrap pile (source unknown). White Blossom sparkly music note stickers. K&Co "First Dance" sticker and lace frame. Recollections bling flourish. MS Lace Hearts Border Punch and Lattice Punch Around the Page. Jolees felt flower stickers. CM Corner Rounder. Cricut/Gypsy Wall Decor & More, Gypsy Font, and Opposites Attract Cartridges. Black Sharpie for inking.
1. Lasting Memories Layout Challenge (DT) - your style
2. SOUS - sketch
3. The Secret Crafter - lots of texture
4. Crafty Ho's - monochromatic
Thanks for stopping by!
Don't forget, the next stop on the hop is Ashleigh.